Monday, April 2, 2012

Looking back on August 8th...

GSE Interview Day - August 8, 2011

I don't typically keep a journal, but for some reason on August 8th I was inclined to write some notes before heading to bed that night.  I reread this journal entry tonight and was reminded how intense the interview day for GSE truely was for me.  I can not say for sure that my teammates felt the same way I did when leaving that day, but I truthfully never knew what to expect.  I was amongst some of the most successful young professionals that day.

I had a long drive back to Morton, MN from St Paul that late afternoon - to return to a conference I was scheduled to attend that weekend.  It was about at my 1/2 way point that Vicki and Rob called me to let me know I was selected for the GSE.  I had to pull off the road so I wouldn't crash after receiving the news.  I knew this was going to be a life changing experience...and truthfully so far it has been.  I've gotten to know some of the greatest people throughout this opportunity.

My experience started with a simple conversation with a local Rotarian, Donna Tiede.  She stopped into my office to tend to some youth exchange stuff with a coworker and her and I struck up a conversation about GSE.  I had never heard of the program - so this was just the beginning.  I never thought that day that I'd be only 5 days away from depature for this adventure.  Donna - thank you for thinking I'd be a good fit on a GSE Team.  You don't know how incredibily thankful I am for this opportunity.  You are a great Rotarian, and I'm so lucky to have gotten to know you through this process. 

Just 5 days to departure.  Thank you to my team for putting up with me throughout this planning process!  I'm so thankful to have you all in my life!

~ Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment